• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bazza99
Junior Boarder

Broomfield Questions

#225953 1 year, 9 months ago
I had a great time at the NYE run!! This will be my first time to Broomfield, looks like a nice venue. I just have a few questions.
How is the parking and how much is it?
How much are the beers, hopefully they're not $10 like the NYE run and I hope they have a better selection too. Would it be hard to bring in a few beers?
I've been to RR and the Shakedown Street wasn't that great how is it at Broomfield?
Are there some good bars or after party places? Anything else I should know?
Thanks and I hope everyone has a safe trip to Broomfield, afetr the shows we're heading to Crested Butte for a week of skiing!!

IceColdBeer.jpg
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Broomfield Questions

#225964 1 year, 9 months ago
Parking in the lot was no more than $10 each night.

Don't drink so I'm not sure how much beers are.....I do know they don't give you the caps to water bottles unless you get the right person and can sweet talk them. Bring a cap for water!

They had a pretty nice shakedown last year in the parking lot

There are restaurants and bars near the venue also.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
uptown
Junior Boarder

#225966 1 year, 9 months ago
$10 parking cash only
24oz beer $9 fat tire dales pale ale
Bazza99
Junior Boarder

#225967 1 year, 9 months ago
Thanks!! Can't beat that 24 oz beer for $9!!

Icebar.jpg
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#226012 1 year, 9 months ago
Hey bro, Crested sure sounds like a lot of fun. I thought about heading there this year too with my son for the 2nd stop of the JR. World Freeski Tour that he is competing in this year (at Crystal, Squaw, Taos and Snowbird) but man they just dont have much snow yet this year:

Total 94%

Beginner & Intermediate 95%

Advanced 98%

Extreme 0% (OUCH, I wonder how they can run their comp)

Broomfield is a great venue. Very mellow scene. I went for the 2011 Furthur run. Parking was not bad, I am sure folks are right at $10. SF is rediculous for parking costs, though I got lucky the 30th and found a spot on the street for free, wohoo.

Shakedown 2 years ago was pretty good I thought, but is weather dependent. That run had a stretch of early sping weather with temps in the 60s each day. Seriously. Might be a bit colder this tome which could dampen the spririts out in Shakedown.

They have a few bars inside and I dont drink beer but man did I drink a lot of Crown. It was pricey, but cant be more then SF.

Sounds like a lot of post show activity might happen at the Aloft or the hotels a few miles down in the in Westminster (where my and my 2 bros are staying).

BTW - one of my bros and I are planning on skiing both Thurs and Fri (not Sat, too crowded) at Copper or the someplace in Summit county. Always enjoy skiing fast with new people!!!
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#226095 1 year, 9 months ago
Bazza99 wrote:
Thanks!! Can't beat that 24 oz beer for $9!!

Icebar.jpg

Naah those big cans are way more than $9. Waaay more...
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#226096 1 year, 9 months ago
I think Broomfield's shakedown is better than RR's at least logistically. But yeah weather can be a factor ....
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: strangerinboulder
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#226128 1 year, 9 months ago
i absolutely love broomfield. i went to see furthur in 2011 and p&f in 2012. by doing both years i've seen both sides of the weather spectrum for that area during that particular time of year. in 2011 it was warm, in the 60's by day, 50's by night, very comfortable. lot of folks hanging around outside. 2012 was much colder. i was incredibly unprepared. thanks again ben for the coat each night! lifesaver! it was in the 40's and i think 30's at night. snow on the ground, wind gusts. once the sun left fo rthe day, it got COLD. i'd say as far as weather, prepare for both. the shakedown in the cold was probably not as crazy but it was still there. lots of the classic cold weather lot items for sale, your hot cocoa, whiskey/cider, etc etc. hardly any police presence from what i can remember.

parking i think is 10 bucks a night, adjacent to the venue, not a mess with traffic either.

not sure about after parties/bars/beer prices as those aren't really my thing.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, strangerinboulder
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#226164 1 year, 9 months ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>COLD MEANS COLD<<
I am a weatherd person and after the sun goes down brrrrrrrr!
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#226182 1 year, 9 months ago
bmp-star
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.